Follow your bliss
Today, be grateful. Be grateful for your favorite music, for movies that make you feel good, for your phone that connects you with people, for your computer, and for the electricity that lights up your life. Be grateful for air travel that flies you everywhere. Be grateful for the roads and traffic lights that keep the traffic in order. Be grateful for your friends, for your family, and for all your loved ones, for your eyes that enable you to read this. Be grateful for your imagination. Be grateful that you can think. Be grateful that you can speak. Be grateful that you can laugh and smile. Be grateful that you can breathe. Be grateful that you are alive! Be grateful that you are You! Be grateful that there are two words that can change your life:
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
(Adapted from The Secret Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne)
40 Reasons Why I Love My Brother
- Most talented musician in the World! There is no instrument or music style that not even he can play, but he masters and became one of the best in the business to do it. He is a genius and don’t know it.
- Humble! He is such a genius as I mentioned before, but he doesn’t think he is. So humble, so simple, makes his geniality shine even more.
- He is funny. Most people don’t know this, but he is hilarious! I used to laugh the whole time I was with him, of his jokes, goofy moments, impersonations, and so on… Oh! I miss that so much!!
- He is a very likeable person and everyone wants to be his friend.
- He is a very loyal friend. He has and will do anything for his friends.
- He acts like a tough guy but is really more sensitive than most girls. I think this is one of his best traits.
- He was my second dad! When I was growing up, my dad used to be out a lot travelling – on tour, but my brother filled ‘the gap’ really well. Actually too well sometimes! Hehe… he used to really protect me, but he also taught me a lot. I’m very grateful for everything.
- He still acts like my older brother sometimes. It’s nice to have him watching out for me.
- We are 6 years apart, so when I was still a little kid, he was a teenager already. Most teenagers would not give any attention to the little one and keep the kid away. Not my brother! He always played games with me, included me in everything, gave me attention and even listened to me.
- One of my favourite memories is sleeping in a spare bed in his bedroom while he was jamming with his mates, playing really good music. Very loud, but I didn’t care, I loved it! And used to sleep like a baby.
- He used to trick me to go sleep in his bedroom (he had a double bed), while he would happily sleep in my little single bed. But the real reason were cockroaches in his bedroom, and he knew I would kill them. Hahahaha…
- Pretty stubborn, but he used to pick my side most of the time on discussions, so I never mind it
- Hard worker and a man of his word.
- He was absolutely in love with Banze, his dog. It’s funny and sweet to watch them together because he used to act like his father. His heart probably broke when Banze was gone.
- He is the type of person that deserves to go someplace big in life. He just need to go get it!
- He always had style, dressed well, and smells AMAZING.
- Hi is a family person, gives a lot of value to keep the family together.
- If someone is in need, he will always help out.
- He is very shy, but when he is on stage he transforms himself in this rock super star!
- He gives honest opinions and wants the best for others.
- Naïve. He doesn’t agree with me in this, but I think he is very naïve. He believes in people’s good intentions. He always trusts everyone, until they prove him wrong. That is a very noble thing to do, and very rare nowadays. I love that about him, but make me want to ‘protect’ him all the time!
- He gets honestly hurt when a friend betrays him, but it is incapable of retaliation. He is a very noble person!!
- He is very sweet, cuddly, lovely, not afraid to show his vulnerability when it is about love.
- I used to love being picked up at elementary school by him!
- He used to squeeze my cheeks the whole time, until it was sore, but for some weird reason, I never minded that.
- Used to love imitating games from TV in our living room with him! My mum never liked that of course…
- … and even when sometimes we would break things, he never blamed me, always took the responsibility.
- Loved how hard he made for all my boyfriends to ‘meet the big brother’.
- I will be always thankful for forcing me to listen to Chick Corea, Miles Davis, etc, while all my friends were listening to kids’ songs – I was like 3, 4, 5 tops by the way hehe…
- Is Corinthians supporter like me
- Plays really well soccer and tennis. He could have been great in sports if he had wanted to, I’m sure of it.
- He was a pop star when I was in elementary and a rock star when I was in high school – made me very popular! Hehe…
- Always had the coolest friends and let me hang out with them.
- Took me and my friends out to pubs and clubs with him and his mates. I was around 15, it was the coolest thing ever to hang around all those musicians who were on their 20’s.
- Never had the patience to teach me to play any instrument!! Oops… wrong list…
- Sings really well and dances well too – but don’t admit either of them!
- It is soooo great with kids! He will be an amazing dad one day!
- Hated school but LOVED to read.
- Loves technology – like me.
- And my favourite reason why I love him so much: he is MY big brother!!
I didn’t write this, but it is exactly what I would like to say to all of you:
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with
guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a God send and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire
fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has
come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real, but only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional
Your job is to accept the lesson,
love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other
relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
Thank you for being a part of my life,
whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.”
Merry Christmas and a Wonderful 2011 for you and all the people you love.
Presidential Election in Brazil
It is election time in Brazil again. I always hope that this time it will be different and the people will finally vote for the ‘least worse’ candidates who might do something good for this country as needed.
Brazil has so much potential! It’s so sad to see that every year things seem to get worse over there. We know and remember that the Brazilian people do not have a good memory. Politicians, who steal today, are re-elected tomorrow. But I never thought that the people would be so stupid to think that voting is just a joke. Tiririca: clown and illiterate. Romario: famous for being lazy, addicted to drugs and for hitting women. Dilma: Seriously?! These are just a few examples, if I mention all the idiots that were elected this year, I would be here typing the whole day! BRAZIL WAKE UP! If you do not want to participate or elect anyone – vote blank! But do not elect any idiot just because it would be funny, it is not!
I want to see if you will be laughing when you are assaulted because is not safe on the streets. I want to see if you will be laughing when you can’t get a job, pay bills, feed your children, etc., because the unemployment rate is too high, or interest rates are absurd, prices are too high and cost of living is impractical. I don’t want to see anyone complaining about anything in Brazil, because when its time to help to change the situation, you decided to be funny instead.
Wake up Brazil, there is still time, there is always a solution; you just need to want to change it and act on it.